Friday, May 27, 2011

Baby Shower!

      May 14th our one and only ShaNae held a baby shower for me and it was AWESOME! Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures but let me tell you, it was CUTE! It was an animal themed party because she was trying to go for gender neutral for me. I'm not huge on girlie stuff (by the way, it's a girl) so it was great. There were animal stripped balloons which were adorable! Animal crackers, one of our staple snacks here at home! And some yummy food and cupcakes and cookies! There was also a three tiered diaper cake with some cute monkey ribbons around each tier and of course topped off with a stuffed monkey which we have named Ernest. Oliver likes Ernest a lot! I hope he'll be able to share Ernest when baby sister is born (we haven't decided on a name yet and she's almost here! YIKES! 9 months isn't long enough for us).
    We also had some great quality company at the shower. Some ladies from the ward were able to come that I don't get to talk to very often but they were so sweet and funny and wish they didn't live so "far" away. Since this is my second child I have most of the basic things except GIRL clothes, which terrify me. I don't know why. Perhaps two years of boy clothes with trucks, dinosaurs, monsters, or any other mode of transportation, is what appeals to me. This baby shower has introduced me to the world of baby girl clothes of ruffles, bloomers and bright pink tights-it's not so scary (for now...dun dun duuuunnnnn). All the clothes were absolutely adorable and I love each one. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! My daughter will be dressed very well. And THANK YOU ShaNae for the cute baby shower! She's awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, shucks. Thanks. Sorry no one came. It was still fun. More cupcakes for us anyway.

    ReplyDelete