Sunday, May 15, 2011

       Good bye beautiful sunshine hello rain, rain, rain -_-  I guess the rain just feeds the beautiful trees outside our apartment so I think i'll survive AND the smell of the air after it rains its just divine. It smells so clean and fresh (for the most part...some people forget to pick up after their pets) and it reminds me of the Philippines.  Thunder and lightning is pretty cool too, as long as I don't get struck by it, lightning that is.
     Anyhow, this past week has been a blast. Met some cool new people through our awesome friends out here in Philly. We were only able to hang out a couple of times but it was a lot of fun. Weston and I and Oliver took advantage of his "free" week and got to spend a lot of time together. Oliver got a taste of what life is like with someone else other than mom and he's absolutely enjoyed it too. Weston wouldn't think so, but Oliver is just thrilled to have him. Just now actually, when he normally wants me to lay with him in bed until he falls asleep, he asked me to go out of the room and only wanted daddy to lay by him. And this past week when he wakes up in the early morning and comes to our room he prefers to lay by daddy. Normally he squishes himself so close to me I'm practically off the bed. I'm okay with him taking daddy's bed space ^_^  Oliver hasn't been the only one enjoying some daddy time, I have been so happy to have Weston home.
      I guess before prelims Weston wasn't gone a whole lot compared to other students in his program but for me it seemed like I hardly got to see him. This last week has been a delight for me and spending time with my best friend has been wonderful! We played a few games and I got to have conversations with him that lasted more than just a few minutes in between classes and lab time. We even went out and got some wooter ice a couple of times (Oliver loves water ice!) and he helped me do some laundry which is very nice considering it was at least two weeks worth if not more. We also went to Ridley Creek State Park, absolutely beautiful, for a bike ride. Oliver loves being on the bike and he was just so excited and I was able to balance on my bike just fine and had no trouble pedaling but I definitely was a lot more careful, I promise!

        I love the time I get to spend time with him even though I have horrible mood swings (me and pregnant hormones are no fun) that don't make it very pleasant but Weston is a trooper. He just smiles and/or laughs and tells me how much he loves me then hugs me tight. He's amazing! YaY for awesome decisions! I picked a good one and I'm glad I pursued it! He was playing hard to get. Definitely worth the trouble (it was no trouble, didn't take very long to convince him that I was the right one for him hehehe)... ^_~ Love You Weston!

No comments:

Post a Comment