Monday, June 27, 2011

Atlantic City

       So its been a while since memorial day but I really wanted to post this fun day because we had a blast at the shore. We had great company, can you guess who, that's right our wonderful friends the Noyces. We took their car because its a little bit wider than ours and with a car seat in the back it makes for a very cramped space which wouldn't have been fun at all for anyone. The ride itself to Atlantic City was so much fun, jammin' to some awesome music and making fools of ourselves, Weston and I are really good at that. It's why we fit so well. Anyhoo we got there in good time and went to the beach and soaked in the nice cool water. It was freezing but I think the water helped my swelling feet for later in the day when we walked down the boardwalk. It's a very long boardwalk, miles and miles. And there's a pier with a mall on it! Gasp! I know so cool!
        Oliver and Weston of course had a blast and Zack was kind enough to go with them towards the ocean since I was a waddler at this point in the pregnancy, and it was just fun to soak. Zack and ShaNae also got Oliver some sand castle molds that Oliver wanted to just knock over. We had to keep telling him not to until we were finished. Then he graciously demolished it after our hard work. And we also buried Oliver. He was kind of oblivious to what ShaNae and I were doing cause we told him we were making him a chair, we were except reverse. Instead of making a mound and a back to the mound we dug a hole and added some sort of head rest so it was really easy to transition the chair to a burial (hehehe). He was okay at first then he got scared and wanted to get out but we were able to get a picture before he escaped.

    After all the fun we walked along the boardwalk and had some fun in some of the stores with interesting little knick knacks. And the boardwalk was a blast. Weston and I really enjoyed seeing some of the names from the monopoly board. I liked St. James Place the best.


This day was also very very hot. Guess where we stopped by to cool off. That's right...RITAS! Worlds best wudder ice. Thanks to the Noyces once again for introducing it to us. Weston really wanted cotton candy but he had to have root beer. He had hoped that I would get cotton candy but I didn't I got mango (sorry dear). Weston's current goal by the end of the summer is to get a Ritas cotton candy wudder ice.
                                       Overall it was a great day with friends and the family.

PS I didn't realize I was getting burned. Me being stubborn and thinking my asian skin can save me from the sun's rays I didn't put any sunscreen. Lo and behold, the following day my shoulders were a nice obvious red, and I did peel, eventually. Learned my lesson ^_^

1 comment:

  1. That was so fun. Glad you guys could make it there with us. We should do it again some time.

    ReplyDelete