Thursday, March 26, 2015

Happy Late St. Patty's Day

      Since Eleanor has been home we've had a lot of help from Lolo and Lola. Lola came first for about a week and it was wonderful. I was still pumping at the time so Lola took care of her for the entire night so all I had to do was pump and go to sleep. Honestly, I don't think I fully realized how helpful it was until Weston and I had to tackle it completely on our own. It's a process to pump, feed, change diapers, rock then finally go to sleep only to repeat it in an hour or two later. My parents are awesome! When Lolo came he took Oliver to school in the morning so I didn't have to worry about it. He took the whole responsibility for two weeks which even benefited our neighbors too because we alternate carpool. Then we he came back, he took Eleanor so I can sleep. I LOVE my parents! 
    And with some tough love from wonderful breastfeeding mentors(?) I had my pump confiscated and dove into exclusive breastfeeding. It was tough, especially since the beginning of that nose dive was during travels on a plane. Nevertheless, if these wonderful women didn't encourage me and have faith in Eleanor and me, I would still be strapped to that awesomely awful pump. My new and improved pump is adorable and squishy and is doing fabulous. She's gaining weight and has had plenty of poopy diapers which gets me excited because then I know she's getting something. Knowing how much she was getting in a bottle has its comforts but I'm so glad that I don't have to deal with it anymore. Now I get to cuddle her while she feeds! 

Now I know I'm a little late with St. Patrick's Day pictures but here she is:

     Oliver and Madeline are the best big brother and big sister this girl could ask for. They constantly watch over her and want to hold her. When Eleanor cries Madeline is always the first to tell me that she's making noise and may need me. Oliver walks into our bedroom in the middle of the night after his potty break and comes in to check on her. He asks sleepily where she is, then rubs her head and cuddles her for a minute then goes back to bed. 

     It was quite an adventure this pregnancy and post delivery; NICU and all. We had a very small glimpse of what some parents go through with premature babies. I admire the strength and sacrifice it takes to go through that journey with your child, whatever the outcome. It is hard to see such a small child fighting for life. I don't always know why things have to happen the way they do but I do know that if we allow our Savior to join us in our life's journey, not only will we be stronger during difficult times, we can also have peace when it feels unbearable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment