Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Cowboy Boots

Yeehaw!  We went to Texas for the first time.  And what an adventure.  First thing I saw getting off the plane I saw a cowboy getting his boots shined.  That was a dream come true.  Texas is a very interesting place.  First of all the Alamo was pretty cool.  It really did seem like the Independence Hall of Texas.  I don't care much for Texas, but I felt a sort of awe for the people that died there and the cause they fought for.

And San Antonio had some really cool historical things about it.  I'm a sucker for historical markers; Michelle says I should just take a picture with her phone so I can read them all later instead of slowing us down when we're trying to go somewhere.  Good idea.  And the Riverwalk of San Antonio was really lovely.  We took a little boat tour down their Rio and had a great time.

While we were in Fredericksburg me and my sister Hilary were really wanting to get some cowboy books for our sons, figuring that without a doubt that would be the ultimate souvenir from the Land of the Cowboy.  But then, when we finally found a store with little kids' boots I realized I didn't feel much like paying $50 for cowboy boots.  There are a lot more useful things I could get my son for $50.  Oh well, Texas was fun.  Just glad I don't live there.  Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment